The Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode is basically among the top genres of leading IIMs that is dreamt by MBA Aspirants to seek an admission. It’s one of the old IIMs and is located in Kunnamangalam, a suburban area of Kozhikode, Kerala. The campus is spread across two hills which are part of Western Ghats. The campus covers over 111 acres of Land and is known for its refreshing nature- friendly atmosphere. It really fills heart with peace and amuses the mind with its beautiful views. It is one of the oldest IIMs set up till now and always tops the priority list of almost every CAT aspirant.
SELECTION CRITERIA: It only accepts CAT/GMAT score.
- Post Graduate Programme (PGP)
IIM-K’s flagship programme, PGP, is a two-year residential programme.
- Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGP)
Two-year post graduate diploma programme for working executives.
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
Four-year full time residential doctoral programme
FEES: 17 – 20 Lakhs
RANKING: #6 NIRF (may vary according to subjectivity per year)
|Category||CAT 2020 percentile||Sectional percentile||SSC/10th percentage||HSC/12Ith percentage|
SELECTION/ SHORTLISTING CRITERIA-
|*CAT 2020 Index Score||45%|
|Class 10 score||25%|
|Class 12 score||15%|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND MAJOR CHANGES 2021-
- IM Kozhikode Eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration after class 12, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA ( candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%)
- IIM Kozhikode Admission Eligibility criterion requires the applicant to appear in CAT 2020 exam and must score minimum prescribed sectional and overall percentile score to become eligible for next stage of shortlisting
- IIM Kozhikode has introduced two major programmes which is a good news for all the IIM-K followers or Aspirants in general.
- It has introduced a one year PGP-BL (Post- Graduate Programme in Business Leadership) domain. It is specially designed for people with work experience to add more holistic badges to their career with implementing certain rigor and following regimen.
- PGP-Finance is the other leading academic programme in IIM-K which will shape future leaders with niche and core finance profiles where they can ace their respective fields with expertise. The core financial regime would strengthen the roots of Graduates to benchmark the industrial Financial domains and reach to zenith.
- A high weightage of 40% to Class X & XII Marks will be awarded in shortlisting
- Work experience to get 5% weight in shortlisting as against nil weightage last year
- No weightage to Bachelor’s Degree marks will be awarded.
- Gender/Academic Diversity will be awarded 10% weight in shortlisting
- CAT 2020 score will get 45% weight in Shortlisting the candidates
- No Essay Writing (WAT) component in final selection round
- PI round to get 44% weight in final selection
- Weight to ‘Resume’ increased to 12% in final selection 2021 from 10% last year
- 44% Weight to CAT 2020 score in final merit list preparation
- Cut off kept low at 85 percentile in CAT 2020
NOW LET’S HAVE A BRIEF ABOUT PLACEMENT SCENARIO-
IIM Kozhikode has just released its official summer placement report for the batch of 2022. The summer placements process, which was completed over a span of just 3 days, saw participation from a host of marquee recruiters like BCG, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, TAS, AB InBev, American Express, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon amongst many others. Consulting, which was one of the most sought after domains this placements season, saw a whopping 73 per cent increase in the number of offers made. Here are the major highlights of the report.
- The highest stipend for the batch of 2022 at IIM Kozhikode stood at Rs. 3.20 lakhs.
- The average stipend for the batch laid at Rs. 1.88 lakhs, while the median stipend was at Rs. 2.00 lakhs. The average stipend for women participants also stood at Rs. 2.00 lakhs.
- Sales and Marketing was the most preferred domain for the batch, with 26% of the batch opting for these roles. Finance (19%) and Consulting (18%) also got featured amongst the top three dominating domains.
- An increase of 73% is seen in the number of offers made and 22% increase in mean stipend. A 27% increase is seen in average stipend
with 15% students recruited, up from 10% last year.
- The average of the top-25% of the offers stood at Rs. 2.92 lakhs, while the average of the top-10% of the offers stood at Rs. 3.03 lakhs.
IIM KOZHIKODE SUMMER PLACEMENTS WITH STIPEND FIGURES-
|Mean Stipend (Women)||2.00||2.00|
|Mean Stipend (Top-5%)||3.07||3.00|
|Mean Stipend (Top-25%)||2.92||2.72|
- Recruiters like American Express, Google, Microsoft, Walmart along with in-house divisions of FMCG companies like HUL caramelised the summer placements process in 2020. Students got offer roles in Analytics, Product Management and allied fields.
- 13% of students have been recruited by Business houses and conglomerates like AB InBev, Axis Bank, Capgemini, Mahindra, Tata Administrative Services. Others were recruited for the general management programs.
- Operations experienced merely 15% increase in the number of offers made as compared to last season. Flipkart, RPG and couple of Ecommerce biggies extended offers for multiple roles, while Amazon being a regular recruiter rolled out the maximum number of offers.
Official website; IIM-KOZHIKODE : https://www.iimk.ac.in/
Stay connected to all the insights of MBA World and to remain updated with all the important knowledge about various Examinations and B-School details follow C2C Mentors on different social media handles and help yourself with great Career opportunities.
9022342214 / 9920553559