So, we will be covering experience of Bhargav, who is a real source of information for all the Aspirants over here who are going to dive in through his entire experience trail, where he has shared his entire journey and talked about it, what all challenges or difficulties he had to face during his preparation and most importantly how he didn’t give up and kept working hard till he reached zenith.
Checkout the video: cat2cetmentors.com/blog/
- He was a 2016 Civil engineering Graduate of Sardar Patel College Of Engineering. He worked for two years in Larsen & Turbo and was posted in Madhya Pradesh at a working conception of Thermal Power Plant. He wrote CAT for the first time in 2018 and scored 95.18.His Sectionals were 81 in verbal,81 in DILR and 99.18 in Quants.
- If he would had have crossed a little far in Verbal and DILR, he would have been there in the 99 percentilers club.
- He faced trouble in DILR and thus his scores got affected a little. But, he was fortunate enough to score 95 plus and also got calls from New IIMs. Apart from CAT, he wrote NMAT, XAT,SNAP, IIFT, XAT, CET, CMAT. He wrote NMAT twice and got 201 and 203 respectively in both attempts.
- Last year he also tried for GRE for abroad studies and this was his first take for management Exams. He knew that CAT wouldn’t fetch him great results so he tried for the other exams ahead. After CAT he went for IIFT and followed C2Cs Youtube videos and focused on sectional strategy. He also went through the overall strategy, how to go about GK section and what should be an ideal thought process and all. He got a proper idea about the paper pattern but, missed IIFT by few marks. He scored 24 and cut-off was 29. But, he nailed SNAP by scoring a 98.17 percentile.
- He had a rigor schedule of examinations and was appearing one and the other within a week’s span only.
- He went for TISS and had a good hold on GK as he had a habit of reading various news articles from variety of topics. That probably helped him to score 77 in TISS.
- According to him GK is really good to prepare as you only have to abide yourself with current facts on regular basis and you should be fine with it.
- Being a Mumbaikar he was a little inclined towards JBIMS and it was one of his dream college and he heard that it accepts CET, CMAT and ATMA score. But later realized it doesn’t accepts CMAT score. So he scored 358 on 400 in CMAT.
- So basically he kept on moving one after the other exam . He was very calm, chilled out and didn’t loose his patience and kept working hard with a great focus.
- He attempted around 97 questions and almost 24 questions of GK. But after scoring so high was of no good as he realized JBIMS don’t accept CMAT score.
- It was not his fault and he got misguided by some random mentor over Youtube.
- It was little annoying and demotivating, as he got to know JBIMS is not possible but one plus point was he got famous for his AIR rank.
- He had calls from all new and baby IIMs, SIBM Pune, SCMHRD, IMT Ghaziabad, IIT Kharagpur,TISS Mumbai (HRM and LR) and SPJAIN profile based call too.
- He had converted SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, IMT Ghaziabad and probably expecting IIT Kharagpur and TISS Mumbai.
- He had scored 136 marks out of 200 and it was 99.81 percentile.
Approach for CET attempt: First he went for Analytical sections and did all single liners first, didn’t pick puzzles at all and he was done in half an hour and moved for Verbal further. Then he was able to solve one puzzle in last 6 to 7 minutes and rest he did a smart guess.
- Quants was always his strongest part since 10th standard and during his CAT preparation phase only, he knew that he was strong in quants.
- Never go for any tips and tricks as far as attempt and scores are concerned. As he saw it was predicted on the basis of CAT 2017 paper that, on 2 questions you’ll be getting 97 to 98 percentile as it was tough. Whereas, 11 questions were needed rightly to reach there.
- He didn’t follow any pattern or preconceived attempt as such as he didn’t get much time to prepare for CET specifically and prior to that he had interviews aligned. So, he had decided to give his best attempt.
- You should never think about the attempt. As you never know what is going to happen on D-day. You shouldn’t follow any specific magic number as sold in the market for score vs percentile.
- When he was in L&T, he applied for MS in USA. He wrote GRE in 2017 and scored 320 out of 340. His breakup was 169 on 170 (Quants), 151 on 170 (Verbal) and got converts from top 2 to 3 universities in USA.
- He was supposed to reach there by August 2018 and he deferred it by one year, i.e., August 2019 and just cancelled his admission that morning.
PRO TIP: Now just look at this guy and we have a lot to learn from him. Not everyone can be a topper, but what we can do is, we can atleast think like toppers and shouldn’t fell for any random strategies available anywhere.So, you just put in your efforts, work hard, give your best shot and rest leave on the results.
Advice to Future Aspirants: Just try to get a good hold on your basics. Mocks are important and analysing them is way more important. Devote good amount of time in doing that. Always expect surprises in exam and don’t have any specific mindset.
Stay connected to all the insights of MBA World and to remain updated with all the important knowledge about various Examinations and B-School details follow C2C Mentors on different social media handles and help yourself with great Career opportunities.
9022342214 / 9920553559